[TN-Bird] Another Question?

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cpnichol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:04:25 EST

Chuck,

While we have your attention. May I assume you are still the curator for TOS
as listed in the latest issue of the Migrant? It seems that on over 16
occasions, that I know of, in over a one year period, questions about the
archives were sent to both of your "e" addresses.

 (cpnichol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx & cpnicholson@xxxxxxx)

These were sent by two different secretaries of the TOS bird records
committee. All of these inquiries not only went unanswered but were not even
acknowledged. These "e" mails asked the question as to how one would get
access to the TOS record archives. I had requested this info from the record
committee secretaries in order to research some records for possible future
articles for the Migrant, after a contact from Chris Welsh, the present
Editor.

I am sure there are other TOS members that might be interested in these
procedures and the location of these archives, so I'm posting this here. It
seems it would be one of the duties of the curator (or the President of TOS)
to answer questions presented by the Records Committee members or at least
acknowledge them as a courtesy. I believe a good and close relationship
between the two entities would be essential for TOS and its records.

I was told by Chris Welsh, after this matter was brought to his attention,
that he then tried to find these records at UT Knoxville and at that time no
one there knew where they were? I would hope that they have been found by now
and access can be attained with your help.

Please reply to the list so others may be aware of these procedures.

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA
Bartlett Tenn.