[TN-Bird] Adult Little Gull at Woods Reservoir

  • From: birder1 <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tnbird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 19:15:36 -0600

2-6-15
Woods Reservoir (Franklin Co)

Just a quick note to get word out if anyone is interested in this bird. A few
of us had an adult Little Gull this afternoon at Woods. It was feeding all over
the far side of the section of Lake visible from the one open spot with a
pullout on 279, west of where AEDC crosses the lake. Franklin Co Park is just
past this spot. The bird was ranging pretty widely. Lots of gulls,grebes and
loons! We got to damn very late, and didn't see the Eared Grebe.  As already
posted the Western Grebe, Red-throated Loon at Percy and Iceland and an adult
Lesser Black-backed did as well at the landfill.

Some photos to follow at some point.

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN