[TN-Bird] A few cool birds

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 18:42:19 -0400

TN-birders,

Dollyann & I joined Frank Bills & Sharon Bostick today to try to find a few
local birds for Frank’s year list.

Henslow’s Sparrow – we went to the Bridgestone/Firestone Centennial Wilderness
area in SE White County, on Eastland Road. We parked just outside the gate
(you’re not allowed to drive in) and walked about a 100 yards in to the large
sign on the right. We turned right and walked into the field here about another
100 yards and found at least 2 birds singing, and saw one.

Grasshopper Sparrow – Found one sitting on a fence post about 1/4 mile to the
east of the above location, also on Eastland Rd.

Scissor-tailed Flycatcher – found one sitting on power lines along 9 Mile Road
in Bledsoe County, just 150 yards east of the intersection of 9 Mile and Old
State Highway 28. Nice adult with full tail.

Great birding,
Ron Hoff & Dollyann Myers
Clinton, TN