[TN-Bird] A Life Bird and More at Birchwood

  • From: Charles Murray <dro1945@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 17:45:11 -0500

I noted a total of thirty-six bird species today in the
Birchwood area - at home (Hamilton Co.), at the Cherokee Removal Memorial Park,
and at Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge (both in Meigs Co.). My highlight for the day
was a blue-headed vireo on my property, a life bird for me. Other noteworthy
observations included: numerous cedar waxwings at the CRMP and at home, a
first-of-season (FOS) pair of hermit thrushes at HWR and another pair at home,
two
adult bald eagles at CRMP, mallards and gadwalls (FOS) at CRMP, and both
golden-crowned
and ruby-crowned kinglets at home.

Charles MurrayBirchwood, TN