[TN-Bird] Re: 45 years of the Breeding Bird Survey

  • From: Daniel Estabrooks <hyla514@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 07:03:25 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, this is a fascinating analysis!

The bobwhite trend is particularly interesting to me, as they are still quite
abundant at Stones River National Battlefield. (There were days this spring
when I could hear three or four of them singing simultaneously.) It'll be
interesting to see how that population fares over the next few years.

I also found the Yellow-crowned Night-Heron data interesting since they are
easily the most abundant heron at Murfree Spring Wetland during the breeding
season. I'm not sure if they actually breed there or not, but I think it's
interesting that their numbers are so high that far away from their typical
range in West TN.

Daniel