[TN-Bird] 2nd. Annual Ivy Academy CBC

  • From: TenacBirder@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "bird, tn-" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 21:21:24 +0000 (UTC)

Christmas Bird Count  12/04/2013
Ivy Academy High School
Hamilton co., Soddy Daisy, Tn.

This second annual Christmas Bird Count was sponsored by Ivy Academy
High School.  There were approximately 125 students,11 teachers and a few
volunteers who participated.  The count totals are being tabulated and will be
emailed me in a few days.  At that time, I plan to send another email to
Tn-birds
with those totals.

Ivy Academy is a tuition-free public charter high school, one that Hamilton co.
should be very proud of.  Their educational focus is to develop environmentally
conscious citizens who garner respect and appreciation for their surroundings.
Fifty percent or greater of the school day is geared around outdoor studies year
round.  Where was Ivy 45 years ago when I was in high school?

Local TOS volunteers were Dr. David Aborn and Cynthia and Jimmy Wilkerson.
I was told that Cindy Routledge from Nashville was a participant last year!  Boy
did I get pumped by this experience.  What a refreshing idea that ALL students
are required to participate and they all did so willingly!!!

Numbers to follow later,

Jimmy Wilkerson
Hixson, Hamilton Co., Tn.