[TN-Bird] 2002 TN Big Year Totals

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 20:47:05 EST

TN-BIRDERS,

I've put together a short version of some of the details on my Big Year.
Unfortunately the short version prints out a 6 pages because of a listing of
the most notable birds, dates and locations. I will not bog everyone's
computers down with all that but I do offer it to those that are interested.
I'm still working on a lot of other details and stories for a more complete
version.

I did end the year with 307 species plus an Eurasian Teal being held in
abeyance. That bird is waiting to see if AOU catches up to the rest of the
world on the split from Green-winged. It may or may not happen due to an
overlap at the Bearing Sea.

The year was exciting, productive and informative. You learn something every
time you are in the field. I had sightings of 3 second state birds and 1
first state bird. I added 5 species to my TN LIFE LIST, bringing the total to
369 plus the Eurasian Teal.

Thanks to all for your help and interest. Drop me a line and I'll send you a
copy.

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA