[TN-Bird] 200 Common Nighthawks- Davidson Co

  • From: <ifihadastick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-birds Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 00:21:36 +0000

Around 6:45pm tonight, while going for a short stroll around my neighborhood I
looked up to the sky to explain that the chittering sounds we were hearing were
chimney swifts to my wife. Soon after I realized that the swifts were well
outnumbered by at least 200 Common Nighthawks flying overhead. There were
likely much much more than that in the flock, but counting by 10's that's about
as much as I could safely say from my vantage point.

Joshua Stevenson,

Nashville, Tn

Sent by Outlook for Android