[TN-Bird] 2 for 1 trip

  • From: "Ruth Luckado" <luck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 10:48:54 -0500

Linda Myers and I were pleased to see both the Loggerhead Shrike and the
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher Sunday, 12May13, about 10:30 or 11:00 AM Lytle Creek
Rd area----forgot to look at watch for exact time---also numerous E. Kingbirds
and other summer arrivals plus some  warblers ( nothing out of the ordinary)'

We had a delightful conversation with a young ( of course they are ALL young to
me now) man who was very bird knowledgeable---had Gt-Horned and Barred owls on
his farm---said most everyone in that area welcomed "us bird people" coming
and going there.

The Shrike was half-way down Couch Rd on the right side wire.   The Flycatcher
was on the way back at an intersection where we blocked a lovely lady's
driveway as it flew over to her property----she also was extremely gracious and
glad we got to see HER Scissor-tail.

This was our 3rd trip to that locale----don't give up!

I still have a few R.B. Grosbeaks at my platform feeder each day. BUT just as
that last circulating storm came through last week, I had a most exciting
panorama----a frenzy of Grosbeaks, one each Red-headed W.P., Indigo Bunting, E
Bluebird,House Wren, Red-bellied W.P., Gray Catbird, Downy, White-breasted
N.H., several Goldlfinch, and the usual residents-----What a spectacular,
colorful sight!

Wallace----forgive me for not following the proper form  ( the first listed
sightings were the Lytle Creek Rd area, Rutherford Co. and the last at my home
in Tullahoma, Tn, Coffee Co-----I have slapped  my hand, like a "Schoolmarm"
would (there's an old-timey word for you "young-uns") to warn me not to do that
again.

Ruth Luckado
Tullahoma, Tn
Coffee Co