[TN-Bird] 18 Black-bellied Whistlers at the "Pits"

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 00:37:16 EDT

Aug. 1, 2009
Ensley Bottoms
Shelby Co. TN

Got to the "pits" before the rain today, lots of water now backed up into
the weeds. I was able to find and photograph 12 adult and the 6 young all in
the  same area scattered throughout the vegetation but all visible with one
 sweep of the scope!!  I would have thought there might have been some more
 young but maybe these are adults flooded out of nesting sites by the  rain
flooding once dry areas or first year birds that just didn't make the
grade. Six of the adults seemed to be paired. Still more time to find some more

young but at least we still have the six.
Good Birding  !!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Road
Bartlett, TN  38135
http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/
What is this feathered thing that  lifts my heart to the heavens.

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)