[TN-Bird] 13 Bridled Terns, Chattanooga, TN

  • From: "Kevin A. Calhoon" <kac@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To:
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:05:48 -0400

We had a spectacular tern day on the Tennessee River (Hamilton County) on
Tuesday evening!  Dan Jacobson found the first BRIDLED TERN behind the
Boathouse Restaurant (Amnicola Highway) which was soon joined by another,
before the wonderful Peregrine Falcon chased them down the river out of
sight.  Also present was a dark brown mystery tern (which we are still
discussing).

Above Chickamauga Dam we observed 11 more BRIDLED TERNS (for a total of 13
Bridled), 2 Black Terns and three Least Terns.

Kevin Calhoon

Chattanooga, TN