[TN-Bird] 12Sep12 Bradley Co cattle egrets

  • From: David Chaffin <davchaffin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:03:15 -0400 (EDT)

TN birders,

In the usual year, it is tough to see cattle egrets unless it is on a hot tip.
A group of cattle egrets(7) were seen among cattle less than a mile north of
the Cleveland Country Club on Walker Valley Road this am.  I saw them about 8
am today, but by the time I passed this area around 11:45am, they were gone.
In the past 10 days or so, they have also been seen on the back side of the
pond on Maddux Road(MR)(7), and also in the pasture on Walker Valley Road
behind the high school, when their number was 14.

My daily walk at Cleveland Wastewater Treatment Plant(WW) and South Mouse
Creek(SMC) included the following:

Wood duck-hrd-SMC
Double-crested cormorant-SMC-7
great blue heron