[TN-Bird] Re: 12 weeks of red-breasted nuthatches

  • From: "Jud Johnston" <rivendell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 18:12:00 -0600

Ed and TN-birders,

In the winter of 1992-93, while living in Winfield, AL, I had a group of about
six red-breasted nuthatches stay virtually all winter.  At that time, I was
just on the verge of becoming a "birder", and didn't realize I was seeing more
red-breasted nuthatches every day than I woould see for the next 20 years.  In
December 1992, I moved from Guin to Winfield, and had also had a red-breasted
nuthatch at my feeders in Guin.  (7 miles away)

Jud Johnston
Waynesboro