[TN-Bird] 100+ have reserved places for TOS / VSO Joint Spring Meeting

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 02:05:17 -0400

With nearly two months left before the Joint TOS / VSO Meeting
at the Holiday Inn Convention Center in Johnson City, May 18-19-20,
the reservation staff reports that the rate of reservations for rooms
has been very strong.  Registration are flowing to the Bristol
Bird Club which is hosting the event.

At this writing, more than 100 persons have made reservations
and/or registered for the three-day meeting.

As expected, the Virginia Society of Ornithology is enjoying a significant
turnout and has made the most preliminary arrangements.  We do not
know exactly how many have made reservation at other hotels in the
region besides the Holiday Inn or plan to camp, will be staying with
local friends, family or other birders.  We've heard of several such
plans but have no head counts.

The actual mailed in and called in formal arrangements have come
from:

      Bluff City

     TN

      Bristol

     TN

      Danville

     VA

      Evington

     VA

      Fairfield

     VA

      Greenbackville

     VA

      Greeneville

     TN

      Honaker

     VA

      King George

     VA

      Knoxville

     TN

      Lexington

     VA

      Memphis

     TN

      Munford,

     TN

      Nashville

     TN

      Norfolk

     VA

      Oakland

     TN

      Pittsville,

     VA

      Ringgold

     GA

      Rosedale

     VA

      Round Hill

     VA

      Rural Retreat

     VA

      Staunton

     VA

      Stuarts Draft

     VA

      Tullahoma

     TN

      Wytheville

     VA

There are several reservations from some communities.
The Bristol Bird Club is an affiliate chapter of both societies and
that will skew the numbers to some extent for Virginia because
we have members living in Virginia but they are also TOS members.

Looking forward to seeing you at the big gathering in the mountains.

Wallace Coffey
Bristol, TN