[tmp] Re: using .mp3 files as .talk files

  • From: Jessica Brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The New Vision Store <nvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tmp <tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 15:35:07 -0800

Yes. I know what the .talk files are and how they are normally created. I was wondering if there was a way to create them without the rockbox utility, as I do not have access to a computer right now. I was thinking maybe record the song names, then use an online converter to convert them to a format similar to .talk, then rename the ending to .talk. However, so far I have tried .mp3, .wav and .og. I tried .og after googeling and finding out that speex files are like .og files and I think .talk files are like .speeks files, but not sure. Anyhow, everything I have tried so far has not worked. I heard something about older versions of rockbox using .mp3 files as .talk files. I wish they had not moved away from that.