[tmp] Re: using .mp3 files as .talk files

  • From: Laz <lazmesa6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 09:41:49 -0500

Hi Jessica.

I think you'll need WAV files instead of MP3 but you can use files
that you've recorded to create talk files. The first step obviously is
to either record those files as WAV or convert your existing MP3 files
into WAVs. Then you'll need the command line program called
rbspeexenc.exe which you can find inside the Rockbox Utility folder.
Since it's a command line program, it would be helpful if you had some
command line experience as in having used DOS commands. I haven't used
this method myself, but I believe there are a couple of list members
who have and perhaps they'll step up to the plate and provide further
guidance.

Good luck!

Laz

On 2/2/15, Jessica Brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi. If I have some .mp3 files that I want to use for .talk files,
> is there a way to convert them from .mp3 to .talk? Thank you.

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 727-498-0121