[tmp] Re: questions about .talk files

  • From: Jessica Brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 14:43:47 -0800

Thank you. Yes. I am planning on using the rockbox utility, not rb clip. It seems to have more options and voice options. Yes. I also listened to your podcasts about both programs. I am having a problem downloading the runtime thing. I click your link, then click download, then check the box for the x86 file and click next, then I get a page saying if your download does not start in 30 seconds click here. It did not start, so I clicked the click here link. It still did not start downloading.

Please go check out my website: http://blindnesseraserblog.wordpress.com which has lots of different info on a number of topics for blind and visually impaired people and which I have recently redone. Also please check out my low traffic mailing list: //freelists.org/list/erasingblindness where we can talk about anything related to blindness. Thank you.

I've stopped using SAPI5 voices so can only suggest you look up the few companies which still sell SAPI5 voices to individuals. Perhaps Acapela, Cereproc, or NeoSpeech. From memory though, I don't think the Acapela voices worked with RBClip for some reason, only the Rockbox Utility. Just make sure the voices are open and not tied in to just their programs. For the microsoft Speech Platform voices, I gave you the link for the best one of the lot, but you can follow the link I provided to see other available MSP11 voices. For the Mac however, I have no idea since I haven't used an Apple computer since the early 1990s and good voices didn't exist then, that I'm aware of anyway, as
I wasn't blind then.

HTH,

Laz

On 1/18/15, Jessica Brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Ok. So, once I install the components, where can I get more
voices for both Sapi 5 and microsoft speech platform? If I was
using the Mac version, where would I get voices?

 From: Laz <lazmesa6@xxxxxxxxx
 To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date sent: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 11:52:49 -0500

 Hi Jessica,

 RBClip uses the SAPI5 voices from your computer. When you wish
 delete a file or folder, you can do so safely and without any
ill
 effects on any other talk files. RBClip processes one folder at
 time, but you can have all your folders inside one folder like
 inside
 the My Music folder and process the My Music folder. It'll do
all
 the
 folders inside the My Music folder if you've set RBClip up as I
 suggested. I use Zira Pro which is a Microsoft Speech Platform
11
 voice. Zira is also found in the SAPI5 voice choices in Windows
8
 and
above. I don't use RBClip but instead use the Rockbox Utility to
 create my talk files. The voice on my computer sounds like that
 because I was using Zira Pro as my screen reader's voice.

 HTH,

 Laz

 On 1/17/15, Jessica Brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx
 wrote:
  Does RB clip come with a voice or do I have to install 1? If I
  have to install 1, where do I get it from? If I make a .talk
 file
  for a file or folder on my player, then decide I do not want
the
  folder or file associated with the .talk file I made anymore,
Is
  it safe to just delete the files or folders I no longer want
and
  there associated .talk files without harming the other talk
 files
on my player? Do I have to process 1 folder at a time, or can I do ctrl a at the folder list to process them all at once? Those ones anyone should be able to answer, now I have a few for Laz.
  What is the name of the voice you used to make the .talk files
  for the files and folders that came on the player? When I make
 my
.talk files, I want them to sound the same as the ones that are already there. I noticed you had the rate at 60 percent and the volume at 100 percent in your podcast. Is that also how you did it when you set up the .talk files on the players? As an aside,
  noticed your computer has the same voice as the players. How
did
  you mannage that? Thank you.

 --
 Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible
 phones,