[tmp] Re: pocket mp3 player

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:42:15 -0500

hey now, I still have an old portable CD player in a drawer somewhere.
Oh and a GE Walkman from the 1980's.

At 01:02 PM 12/18/2014, you wrote:
I never had a zen stone, but did have a zen VPlus.
Those were about $300 when they first hit the market, but they had 8gb of memory, quite the player back in its day. It is so funny, one can get a player with twice as much memory and twice the features for about $50 these days.

When the Dam Breaks
http://www.thewesternstar.com/Living/2013-06-09/article-3272214/When-the-dam-breaks/1

(The Voices Within, Reflections of A Different Mind.
UPC 9781481716468

This is a story of love, heartache, disappointments, God, relationships
and family. Everything bundled into one.
A real and true life story of struggles, pain and coping with mental illness. With a recurring theme of the affects and aftermath of being verbally and emotionally abused. The book speaks out about the consequences and the impact abuse can have on one s life. With a quest to find
true love in this harsh and often cruel world.

From: Laz <lazmesa6@xxxxxxxxx
To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:42:01 -0500

There's no speech. Think of it like a larger Zen Stone, and no, it
doesn't play audible content, just MP3 files.

Laz

On 12/17/14, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But if it does not have rockbox, what does it use for its speech? Or
is it one of those screenless players like the zenstone?

On 17/12/2014, Stumpy <hudd61@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From the price, I doubt it has either.  The description doesn't mention
rockbox or on board memory like all the other MP3 players do on Laz's
site.

If you get the player while the sale is still on, you get a wall charger
(normally 10.99), so the player itself only costs you $9.00;
How can you
beat that?  Micro sd cards have come down in price quite a bit from what
remember prices being like.  I just bought one of these players today, I
thought it was a great deal at $19.99 even without on board memory or
Rockbox.

        Scott