[tmp] Re: file sormats supported

  • From: Laz <lazmesa6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:51:52 -0400

Hi Dale,

Somewhere buried in the rockbox site exists a list of file types that
Rockbox supports. To put it simply just about any file type which
isn't protected. The devs refuse to support any type of DRM protection
plus I'm sure they don't want to invite any legal attention either.

I personally use OGG which is smaller than MP3 but has better sound
and Storm recently mentioned OPUS which I'm currently looking into.

Regards,

Laz

On 9/16/14, Redacted sender Foggddm@xxxxxxx for DMARC
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there a complete list of the audio formats supported by the clip?
> Also, of the supported file types, which type takes up the least amount of
> space?
> thanks
> dale hayes

Bluetooth devices, and accessories