[tmp] Re: best speatch engine to use with windows 8

  • From: "The New Vision Store" <nvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:27:20 -0400

Hi Laz,
I didn't know there were options. But I knew I needed to get far away from the
default NVDA voice, so I installed the Microsoft engine and the voices. She's
not as fast but understandable to a much greater degree.
I don't want to say that for *free, NVDA isn't *great!
I just do not personally get very far with the "guy shouting through a pillow"
of the default NVDA voice. Personally, can't stand that voice.

I often have higher than "considerate" back ground noise levels, thus  have to
listen slower than I do at home, and the articulation need be nearly perfect so
I don't have to raise the volume and risk anyone hearing anything of a sensitive
customer nature. (that never happens nor will I let it, thus the stress of
keeping it that way)
bill