[tmp] Re: USB device not recognized

  • From: Laz <lazmesa6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 19:31:24 -0400

Did the player get wet? If so, you would have needed to let it dry out
for at least 24 hourrs immersed in either rice or a dessicant like you
find in some vitamin bottles. If you turn it on after it has gotten
wet, you're taking a chance of shorting something out and ending the
player's life.

I don't have the instructions for Windows 8 but I do have them for
Windows 7 which may be very similar.

In Windows 7, connect the player, bring up the control panel, choose
system, then choose device manager. Then find the uSB section by
typing the letter u, expand it, then press the letter u until you hear
the one which says mass storage device, press the applications key, go
down to uninstall and press enter. If it asks for verification, go
ahead. then disconnect the player and then reconnect it and let
Windows set up the driver anew. I would avoid having anything else
connected via USB just to make sure I didn't uninstall the wrong
driver.