[tmp] Re: Sanza firmware or RockBox

  • From: "The New Vision Store" <nvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 15:06:30 -0500

Hi Jessica,
I bought my 12 year old a clip plus when she was 9. The standard unit is
different than Rockbox, but that doesn't matter much as rockbox is just the
method of having it speak. What they see on the screen isn't vastly different in
the clip plus. If she watches you use yours without anything but seeing the
screen, she should get a good idea of how it works. But you might confuse her,
as with our speaking computers if you tell her what you are hearing. Just do
what you do under headphones, or one earbud, and let her see how it shows on the
screen. If she's tacky, she should have no problem.
Laz may have a few great answers, this is just my interpretation of my kid's
experience.