[tmp] OT sd wifi question

  • From: "Shorty & Kitty" <shortyonlists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 08:32:17 -0230

It is not very often I ask a tech related question but here it goes.
Does any one have any experience with sdhc or sdxc cards with built in wifi?
Over the weekend I went out and bought and upgraded my digital camera. At the end of the day it came down to two models, both on clearance for half price. a Nikon s9500, and a sony model. The sony did have wifi, but it was not half the camera that the Nikon was with its 22 times optical zoom picture screen settings and 18mp. The choice really came down to, what am I going to use this camera for? I Figure since I do use a camera for selling online that it was better to buy the better camera even if it did not have wifi. Now having of said all of that, I am aware that sd cards now exist that have built in wifi. Any one have any experience with them? From what I have been reading, the card first needs to be loaded into the computer and the wifi configured for the network, and then it is put into the device you want to use it in, whether a camera or another device,; makes sense. Any one tried out one of these wifi sd cards yet and how well did it work for you?