[tmp] Re: OT need recommendations scanners and OCR software

  • From: The New Vision Store <nvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp <tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:19:40 -0400 (EDT)

yes for that money most do, and if you pick up a scanner on a open box or warehouse sale you then buy the software at Staples. Good luck, it's only tougher due to the multi-page feed requirements, otherwise it's easy.

Look for about 10-15 sec scan speeds and you'll have a softer price range.
If you need lightning fast scanning you could spend big.

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Claire Mesa wrote:

Thanks. Do most scanners  come with OCR as part of the software these days?
Does anyone know? I know some portable ones do. I just wondered about the
regular multi feed ones.
On Jun 10, 2014 5:13 PM, "DJ" <grouloc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I'm not sure why a previous poster wrote that Omnipage Pro after version
9.0 aren't accessible.  I use one of the lastest version of Omnipage Pro
all of the time and it is very accessible to me using JAWS.  It is a very
good program.

DJ