[tmp] Mildly OT: Quality of earphones

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 17:48:09 +0200

Recently got given a set of really good quality earphones by a guy am doing a
bit of work for, as a form of thanks, and while had just told him I'd want,
specifically in-ear/ear canal earphones, he got me a set of some rather
expensive ones, Sennheiser CX302 - and I say they're rather expensive, since
the local pricing for them seems to be roundabout ZAR485 = +- USD45, but, first
thing you notice, aside from their feature of surrounding noise cancellation,
is just the quality/clarity of their output.

As in, although while listening to songs/music you know well enough from
before, some of the levels of detail, clarity, etc., are just wow!

And, in case relevant, here's the one local product page for these earphones -
along with a bit of their specification:
https://www.mercurymusic.co.za/Sennheiser-CX300II-Black-Ear-Canal-Phones

high passive attenuation of ambient noise
 Frequency response (headphones)    19 - 20000 Hz
 Impedance    16 Ω
Sound pressure level (SPL)    113 dB
 Jack plug    3.5 mm (angled)
 Cable length    1.2 m