[tmp] Re: Language trap

  • From: Laz <accessibleelectronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 10:35:06 -0400

Yes, definitely helps, Gera. Especially if he's missing the backup
config.cfg file.

As an aside, if anyone wants to hear their player using a different
language than English-US, you'll need to create a voice file in that
particular language and perhaps need to change the codepage in order
to hear that  non-English-US voice. Just switching languages will get
you what Bill got, a very silent player. It that does happen, just
connect your player to the computer, copy the config.cfg file from the
root directory of the player, paste it into the .rockbox folder
replacing the one that's there, safely remove the player, physically
disconnect it, turn it off, then turn it back on. Things should now be
back to normal.

HTH,

Laz

--
Talking MP3 Players with stereo FM radio, voice recording, and
expandible memory! Priced under $100, plus free shipping in the US!

Listen to our Introduction to Talking MP3 Players:
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/an-introduction-to-talking-mp3-players/

See our current special:

Join our mailing list by sending a blank email with the word subscribe
as the subject to:
tmp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email:  laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: lazmesa