[tmp] Re: Hi Laz, Sansa not reading Folders.

  • From: Laz <lazmesa6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:06:24 -0500

Hi Trevor,

It sounds like either the .rockbox folder or at least the config.cfg
file within the .rockbox folder was somehow corrupted. This usually
occurs because the player was disconnected prematurely before being
safely removed first. Another way to blow away the settings a.k.a. the
contents of the config.cfg file is to click on reset settings found in
the settings menu item.

BTW 15 Mississippis doesn't reset the player, it takes at least 30
Mississippis to perform a proper player reset.

The way to get your settings back to what they were before the problem
occurred is to copy the config.cfg file from the root directory of
your player and paste it into the .rockbox folder replacing the
existing file, safely remove, physically disconnect, and finally
restart the player.

HTH,

Laz

On 2/14/15, "coromandel Gold" <tigermotion@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Laz,
>  A week ago my Sansa Fuze seemed to call it quits, as I could not hear
> anything through the Earphones.
> And yet when I connected it to my Computer, everything was there, Folders
> etc, everything you would expect to see when you open the Sansa  prior to
> Adding a Book to the Audio Book Folder, or Music to the Music Folder, etc.
> But still I could not hear anything through the Earphones, and I knew the
> Sansa Fuze was fully Charged.
> I tried several Earphones  and tested the earphones on other devices I have
> and all worked.
> In final solution  after trying different things, I  completely, Removed all
> Files etc from the Sansa Fuze,  and then clip Boarded a Back up set of Files
> from my Computer onto the Sansa Fuze, and miracles of miracles, The
> Earphones were Working.
> I did the Mississippi Count to 15 slowly, and then went and found and Copied
> an Audio Book into the Audio Book Folder.
> Then the Mississippi thing again, and when I turned the Sansa Fuze on I got,
> everything read out, Files, Database, Resume Play etc.
> However when I went to "Files", I was told, "No List!"
>  All the Folders etc, as A1 Rockbox Audio, Audio Books, Music, Manuals  were
> not read out.
> I think I have once before come across this situation, but can't remember
> how to fix it?
> What must I do to get all the Files, Folders etc  read out so I can select
> the Folder I want when the "FILES" is selected upon the Initial Start up?
>
> Trevor.

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx