[tmp] Re: Database was Re: Re: Virtual Keyboard and Morse Input Mode in Rockbox?

  • From: Laz <accessibleelectronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 18:45:28 -0500

Hello Dave,

What I've found is that the manual wasn't written with blind folks in
mind and at times seems a bit skimpy on needed steps, etc to
accomplish something. This is the main reason I end up writing out
instructions or recording audio instructions once I work out the steps
for accomplishing something on the player. After going to the manual a
couple of times in the past and coming away still not knowing how to
do something the manual was supposed to cover, I decided to just
figure things out for myself, offering free tech support, and writing
out or recording step by step directions for our customers.

The Rockbox devs are ultra smart, but it takes a certain skill set to
provide instructions from the viewpoint of not knowing how to do step
1. They're also not blind or vision-impaired, so they sometimes use
graphics to represent the button one is supposed to press, etc.

Regards,

Laz

--
Talking MP3 Players with stereo FM radio, voice recording, and
expandible memory! Priced under $100, plus free shipping in the US!

Listen to our Introduction to Talking MP3 Players:
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/an-introduction-to-talking-mp3-players/

See our current special:

Join our mailing list by sending a blank email with the word subscribe
as the subject to:
tmp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email:  laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: lazmesa