[tmp] Re: Conversion of format from mp4 to OGG

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:05:27 -0400

Hi,
If you have a Linux VM such as Arch Linux installed, you can batch convert
easily. In a folder that has your files just run something like the following:
ifs="$IFS";IFS=$'\n';for i in $(ls -1 *.fp4) ; do ffmpeg -i "$i"
"${I%.mp4}.ogg";done;IFS="$ifs"
punctuation is very important in the above command.
HTH
Storm
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 01:00:16PM -0400, Laz wrote:
Hi Akbar,

Do you really want to play a video file on such a small screen? To
answer your question, no. They will however play MPEG files but again
on such a small screen I think you'd need a powerful magnifier to see
anything.

MP4 came in 2 versions, one was video and audio, while the other was
just audio. Now Apple uses different file name extensions to
differentiate between the two. M4A are the audio files while M4V are
the video files. There's also M4B which are the audiobooks which are
mostly DRM protected. I have used Goldwave to convert MP4 and M4A
files to OGG because I wanted the smaller size but the player will
handle both MP4 and M4A files just as well.

Hope that answers your questions.

Laz

On 9/15/14, Akbar S Currim <raahzam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Laz,