[TIPSdiscussion] Re: STM/IWT news

  • From: Chris Johns <ki4ggh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:58:39 -0700 (PDT)

From: TIPSnet <tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:58 PM
Subject: [TIPSdiscussion] Re: STM/IWT news

Wow I just bought a new HP Laptop Computer also. I have been trying to get all
of my Ham Radio programs installed in my laptop

I have not been on Echolink that much since the Tipps Net did shut down for the
break. I would ocassionally listen to the Amateur Radio Newsline over the
Newsline  Confrence Server or the WASH DC Server on the weekends.

I am in the process right now of trying to set up  a faster computer running
the Echolink on my Repeater so I would have less data skips.

I just got back from the largest Ham Fest in Alabama and maybee the largest in
the South East. The Ham Fest was located in Huntsville, Alabama. What a crowd.
All of the booths were sold out for the two day Ham Fest. All of the major
dealers were there, MFJ, ICOM, Kenwood, Yaesu, Ham Radio Outlet andy many more.
The "bone yard"  had several old radios for sell. Not sure if the bad economy
made everyone dig out there old Ham Radio products and try to sell them or
what.   It is always good to see so many Ham Radio Operators  in one place.

My newest Ham Radio purchase is a DV Dongle and Dual Band DStar Radio. Both
allow me to get on to the DStar System. I have a good footprint of repeaters in
my area that I can get on and talk to.

Watch out for the Hurricane headed your way. Looks like you will be on the
right side center of the Hurricane. The right side is always the worst side.
You need to go ahead and prepare for the Hurricane. Looks like you may loose
power for a week or more. Some power crews and Red Cross units left Alabama
today headed to the East Coast.

73's
Chris
KI4GGH

We have moved and I now own an HP tablet computer

OUR NEW ADDRESS IS:

43 ACADEMY STREET
APT 102
SOUTHINGTON CT 06489-3259

SAME PHONE 860-628-6454

Anne and John

On 7/19/2011 12:30 PM, Anne, K1STM wrote:
> [...]
> the cold.  Are we ever happy with the WX?
>
> Our big news of the summer is that we are moving in August.  We finally got
> handicapped accessible housing which is spacious and very nice.  I wish that
> all of our stuff could be sorted and packed with the wave of a magic wand
> but that won't happen.  Our emails and phone will remain the same but we
> will have a new address.  I'll give that to you when the time approaches.
> Ham radio will be the last thing to set up but we will have EchoLink and
> internet.
>
> John's laptop bit the dust Sunday with a pretty blue screen.  It won't even
> start in safe mode.  He is unable to get into my office to use my computer
> so he is totally disconnected at this time.  Now for a loaded question.
> Anyone have an extra laptop hanging around we could borrow for a while or
> buy for a reasonable price?  Because we have moving expenses, our money tree
> is not very leafy.  Please call John if you can help.  If you send email,
> send to me and I will print for John.
>
> This also means John can not make changes to the tipsnet.org web site but I
> will keep you informed of news via this email list.
>
> We had a call from KT1NG who told us he has a teaching job at a college in
> MD.  He is in CT for the summer and doing very well.  It was nice to hear
> Tad's good news.
>
> I am busy with my Section Traffic Manager work and my braille transcription
> business.  I need another 24 hours in a day or the ability to function with
> no sleep!
>
> That's enough rambling about everything but radio.  Let's hear from you!
> How did Field Day go for you?  Did it rain?  Most of the state was spared
> but some received some heavy showers.  After all what's FieldDay without a
> bangy thunderstorm?
>
> Anne, K1STM
> TIPSnet Manager
> 860-628-6454
> ================================================> TIPSdiscussion welcomes
> messages from members please POST at:
> tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
> www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion
>
> Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
> tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
> tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Tell your friends about TIPSnet!!!

messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:

Hi, Anne, John and The Group,