[tinwhiskers] Re: Toyota

  • From: Rod <rod.dalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:44:10 +0000

On 11 Feb 2010, at 20:51, Werner Engelmaier wrote:

> As I understand it, Toyota still does not understand the root cause of their
> problem.

Understandable - 2243 incidents over several years with over 7 million vehicles
and god knows how many million miles traveled? with no embedded monitor to
figure what happened? I have worked out some weird scenarios in aerospace which
led to equipment failure, which took a lot of analysis. What automobile has a
flight recorder? At least there was some objective evidence. People are in
general not good at observing dispassionately - especially when headed toward
disaster.

regards,   Rod

rod.dalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx