[tinwhiskers] Re: TechNet thread on correct pronunciation of RoHS

  • From: Mordechai Kirshenbaum <mordechai_kir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:30:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

Maybe they hope that "Rose" will replace lead

Date:    Fri, 11 Apr 2008 07:34:40 -0500
From:    "Stadem, Richard D."
Subject: Re: RoHS pronunciation

I hate to say this, but I have noticed that it depends on who you ask.

People who stand to profit from RoHS, such as certain "learned scholars"
who are employees of solder companies, or at least get paid by them, and
employees of companies that sell RoHS-compliant green heel straps, etc.;
they pronounce it Rose.

This is because a rose by any other name is still a rose and smells like
green money.

Whereas, on the other hand, those people who know RoHS for what it is, a
poorly thought-out rationalization by a bunch of self-serving European
politicians, pronounce it Row-Hoss, as it brings to mind a row of hosses
doing what a row of hosses does best, which smells like something else
altogether.

Take it from a former Dakota Plains cowboy who has cleaned up after a lot of
horses, and is now trying to clean up after a bunch of asses.

Amen Richard, AMEN!

Bob Landman, President
Senior Member, IEEE PES
H&L Instruments, LLC