[tinwhiskers] Re: Re-balling SAC BGAs

  • From: ab3a@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 02:51:27 +0000 (UTC)

Bob, if and when you do, please give me notice of the process. I'd like to be
able to dangle a patent in front of all these process automation firms AND
Cisco to ensure that the processes we use on large plants and chemical
processing facilities have some reliability.

We get upset when something fails after "only" a year in service 24/7.  I have
seen software notices for things that will fail after 450 days in service. A
three year life span for things made with RoHS technology is a farce to
operations like a waste-water treatment plant, where we expect the damned
product to work for decades.

I need something to point to for our OEM suppliers to get clues from.  If
people know of other processes, patented or otherwise, I'd love to hear about
who is doing what...

Jake Brodsky