[tinwhiskers] PPAP for a bare board

  • From: "AL-Yousef, Hani E" <Hani.AL-Yousef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:01:31 -0500

I am looking for some input to having a PPAP done on a bare board. I
usually visually inspect the boards per IPC-A-600 and relay on the
manufacturer to provide a CoC.

Now I need to get a PPAP done. Looking for your input as well as a Lab
that can do it. This is an ENIG fished board with a BGA foot print.
still a leaded process I think knowing the concentration of the P, Ni, C
as well as the thickness of the Au. I should check to see if IPC-4552
covers the concentration levels.

I also should check the cleanliness level as well.

I am looking for a lab that does this work. Also any input to other
gotcha that I need to inspect for.

Thanks,

Hani