[tinwhiskers] Modern Marvels: Episode: Engineering Disasters 19 - tin whiskers!

  • From: "Bob Landman" <rlandman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 19:35:22 -0400

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=173391
Monday, May 12 12:00 PM
Monday, May 12 06:00 PM
... we take a "close look" at microscopic structures causing gigantic problems
in the electronics industry--tin whiskers, as they are known by researchers,
that spontaneously grow from pure tin coatings on electronic boards and
microchips.
While it does not say so, this is the same program "Engineering Disasters 19
DVD" as a friend just saw it (it's the last segment in the episode).
http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=75619&name=Engineering+Disasters+19+DVD
Availability:  In Stock
Ships to U.S. and Canada 1 DVD(s) / 50 Minutes
Closed Captioning: No More Details
$24.95
They never once, so I'm told mention the word "RoHS" but they do admit there is
no solution.
Scientists at the University of Maryland (I presume CALCE) are interviewed.
-Bob Landman
H&L Instruments,LLC