[tinwhiskers] Re: Electronics makers turning green and benefitting?

  • From: Rod <rod.dalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:24:15 +0000
On 11 Jan 2010, at 20:38, Steve Smith wrote:

> Bisphenol-A isn't brown, it's white.  I got some on the shelf here.

> PE> ... a brownish residue which
> PE> testing revealed to be BPA - no mention of bromine or chlorine.

I am not familiar with BPA, what was the physical form? Almost anything is
white when finely powdered.

A quick internet search shows BPA may be colored due to impurities, pure form
is white.

Statement that polycarbonate is safe for drinking bottles:
www.bisphenol-a.org/whatsNew/20080131.html

However BPA does come across as a nasty substance, though not nearly as bad as
some used in semiconductor processing.

Hey, if we were to ban everything that was not good for humans, we wouldn't
even be in the stone age, the stone dust would cause pneumoconiosis.

regards,   Rod

rod.dalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx