<TW>Weekend of 29 and 30 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 20:04:09 -0500

.=:  T H I S    W E E K E N D  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
For the Itinerary for the trip. Follow the link from  HYPERLINK
www.frpat.com  www.frpat.com  for details. Brochures are available at the
entrances of Saint Pat's Church as well. Hotels have been chosen and links
are at the Web Site. Air Space has now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and
O'Hare Airport in Chicago. It will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines
from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.
HYPERLINK www.frpat.com  www.frpat.com

.=:  V O L U M E   2 0 1 0 , Number 05-30 :=.

.=:  T H I S   W E E K E N D ' S   S C R I P T U R E S  :=.

The Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity, Year C.
Weekend of 29 and 30 May 2010

.=:  R E F L E C T I O N    Q U E S T I O N S  :-.

The Scriptures for this weekend are found here:
   www.nccbuscc.org/nab

"The LORD possessed me, the beginning of his ways, the forerunner of his
prodigies of long ago; from of old I was poured forth, at the first, before
the earth."  How can we fathom this ... a God that has always been in
existence ... a*l*w*a*y*s!

"When I behold your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the
stars which you set in place -- What is man that you should be mindful of
him, or the son of man that you should care for him?"  How does God continue
to create?  How are we responsible for preserving God's creation?

"We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have
gained access by faith to this grace in which we stand, and we boast in hope
of the glory of God."  Imagine how much God loves us, giving us his son
Jesus who died for us and brought us hope in a life that will never end.

"But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth."
How is God's Holy Spirit active in the world?  In our lives?  When do we
cooperate with the work of the Holy Spirit.  What makes it difficult for us
to do so?

How are these Scriptures comforting?  Challenging?

.=:  S P I R I T U A L   R E F L E C T I O N   :=.

"In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.  Amen."
Simple, isn't it?  We learned that prayer when we first began to come to
Church.  Perhaps our parents helped us put our fingers in the holy water
font and bless ourselves as we said it.  It's the prayer with which we begin
and end all our prayers.  It's the prayer with which we begin and end the
Eucharist as well.  What a great reminder it is!

God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit have always been in existence ... will
always be in existence.  It's a mystery that we cannot fully understand.
Even though it cannot be fully understood, it can be lived and appreciated.

God is Father, the one who made all things and keeps them in existence.  God
created the world we live in and all the wonderful things we can enjoy.  He
created us and gave us dominion over the world.  God calls us to take good
care of the world as well, and pass it on in good shape to the generations
that come after us.  We can help God in his continuing work as well.  We can
respect the gift of our sexuality and be faithful to our vows.  We can
cooperate with God as he creates new life within us and charges us with the
responsibility of raising our children as children of God.  What a wonderful
privilege.  What a hard job!

God is Son.  God love us so much that he gave us his son to reveal God's
love for us.  Jesus was the word of God made flesh.  He lived the love of
God for us and taught us to do so.  He helped to open our minds to higher
things and to accept our higher calling.  He died and rose again that we
might have life, forgiveness and the courage to live as God's children every
day.  We can receive Jesus, body, soul and divinity every time we go to
Mass.  We become what we eat, the very body of Christ here on earth.  What
greater love could God have for us than to give us his Son?

God is Spirit.  The love of the Son for the Father and the Father for the
Son was expressed in the Holy Spirit.  That Spirit of God calls us to live
as sisters and brothers to one another.  We become one body in Christ and
become indeed the body of Christ in the world we live in.  The gifts of the
Holy Spirit give us the courage and strength to do each day what we need to
do as we strive to live as children of God.  Those gifts are awesome indeed.
If we cooperate with the Holy Spirit others will be amazed at the lives we
live.

God as Trinity is too complicated for us to fully understand.  It is
described as a "mystery."  Our minds are just not large enough to grasp it.
But we can live that mystery each day, as we are thankful and responsible
for creation, as we follow the example and light of Christ, as we draw upon
God's strength to do good things in God's name.

This week we can reflect upon these truths and live as thankful children of
God.  We can open ourselves to receive God's gifts that we can build up the
body of Christ.  We can reject the kind of gossip and negative talk that can
tear down others and weaken Christ body here on earth.  Have a good week!

(c)MMX Fr. Pat Umberger.  This Spiritual Reflection is found each week at
the Web Site www. frpat.com.  Feel free to link to this page or reproduce
them for parish use as long as this credit remains.

<TW>This Weekend is free, and comes from:
in Wisconsin U.S.A.
Web Site: www.frpat.com

      www.frpat.com/donation.htm

.=:  F O R W A R D I N G  :=.

You can also set your account to Vacation Mode there.