[THIN] Re: working dir for a published app

  • From: Mark.Bennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:19:32 -0000

What are you hoping to achieve?

-----Original Message-----
From: Cicerrella, Steve [mailto:steveci@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: 29 October 2002 21:48
To: 'Metaframe Group @ Thin'
Subject: [THIN] working dir for a published app

Hi,
    I would like to publish MS word on XP FR2.   I notice that I am able to
specify a working directory for the users during the setup.  The default
path for the working dir of the app defaults to the same dir that the .exe
is in.    Each user gets mapped to their own home drives during login via a
login script.    Would I specify the home dir as the working dir for an
office app?  If so, how?   %homedrive% or some derivation?    Or is it
better to create a separate dir on the citrix server itself and give users
read/write to it and use that as the working dir?

thanks,

steve

This weeks Sponsor NetX Inc Thin Client
NetX Develops XP and NT Embedded
Extremely Secure, and Remotely Managed.
http://www.netxinc.com

*******

otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment
from your system.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this
message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.

For further information about Clifford Chance please see our website at
http://www.cliffordchance.com or refer to any Clifford Chance office.