[THIN] working dir for a published app

  • From: "Cicerrella, Steve" <steveci@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Metaframe Group @ Thin'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:47:32 -0800

Hi,
    I would like to publish MS word on XP FR2.   I notice that I am able to
specify a working directory for the users during the setup.  The default
path for the working dir of the app defaults to the same dir that the .exe
is in.    Each user gets mapped to their own home drives during login via a
login script.    Would I specify the home dir as the working dir for an
office app?  If so, how?   %homedrive% or some derivation?    Or is it
better to create a separate dir on the citrix server itself and give users
read/write to it and use that as the working dir?

thanks,

steve

This weeks Sponsor NetX Inc Thin Client
NetX Develops XP and NT Embedded