[THIN] Re: where's everyone?

  • From: Pat Coughlin <strangedog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 10:43:35 -0400

I find that the real cause of most Citrix issues are users.  I seem to
find them at root of all the app and printing issues I troubleshoot.
Since eliminating the users is not currently viable, I propose the
next frontier in virtualization is to get the users virtualized.
Everyone wins.  Real estate can fit 30-40 users per cube, saving
greatly on floorspace costs, failed users can be rolledbacked to a
working state or deleted and we can truly hit that "one fix that
resolves issue" for every user.  I have a few issues work out with
some "Human Rights" bleeding hearts types, but after that full speed
ahead.

Pat Coughlin

//www.freelists.org/list/thin