[THIN] Re: way OT: DOS applications on Windows XP

  • From: Christopher Wilson <christofire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:14:08 -0600

Greetings, list.

Thanks for the replies.  I didn't get to read any of them until I got
home, but your remarks validate much of what we did while in Canton.
We did set the Windows 95 compatibility settings, and played with some
of the parameters in autoexec.nt and config.nt, tried various memory
settings in a PIF file, and enlisted the help of Microsoft and the
application's author without success.  Stopped short of the
Filemon/Regmon route.

In the end we concluded that we were going to pause on any new PC's at
this site pending an application upgrade.  In the meantime, I plan to
look at VMware as a solution as Angus mentioned.

You know the routine though, "if all else fails, consult the Thin
List."  My appreciation and respect are yours.

Regards,
Christopher
(Back home in Houston)