[THIN] Re: using applications neighborhood agent

  • From: "Dirk Blose" <Dirk.Blose@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:14:12 -0400

Only problem with that is if the user enters a URL in the address bar they can
go web browsing.

Dirk Blose, MCSE, CCA
Lead Technical Analyst
(919) 765-4791
dirk.blose@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> ssun@xxxxxxxx 08/31/04 01:16PM >>>
Another method, that Citrix seems to be more supportive of, is to
publsih
Internet Explorer in 'explorer' mode.  Basically publishing iexploer.exe
with a -e.  You can even specify which path it should open first.

ie. iexplore.exe -e c:\

See Citrix CTX922603
http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry.jspa?entryID=2081

Then, of course, use Bruce's suggestion to hide/disable unwanted drives
with
a policy.

Spencer

                   (o o)