[THIN] user running exel macro

  • From: "Hamilton Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:36:39 +0100

Hi ,

I have a user that has a excell macro it will run fine on a new server
that I have just built

If another user tries to run it on an old (live) server it runs fine but
when the user who created the sheet with the macro
it give an error "Permission to use object denied)
"Unexpected error 419"

Then it launches the debug option.

The office applications have recently been re-installed as the MSI's
were moved to a new server.

I have tried re creating the users profile ...restoring it from backups
, copying the all users and default user from one the nest server
to a live server in the farm ...

Nothing seems to work

I remember something about time stamps , and when a user loged into a
server were the office app had been installed more recently that the
server
it checked something against the users profile and sometimes removed
some settings that the user had saved,

Im I way off or could something similiar behappening.

thanks
Ronnie

Ronnie Hamilton
Network Engineer
Lufthansa Airmotive Ireland
Nass Road
Dublin
Tel : (01) 4011253
Fax: (01) 4011384
E-Mail : ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx

Visit our Web Site: www.ltai.ie
the sender.

This weeks sponsor: Softricity
Attend Camp Virtualization - Softricity Virtualization Web Seminar Series -
Featuring industry experts including Doug Brown, president of DABCC Consulting.
Wednesday, 7/27, 12-1pm EDT: The Future of Virtualization: A Roundtable
Discussion with Doug Brown & Stuart Schaefer
http://www.softricity.com/news/webinar-reg.asp?eventID=futurevirtualization