[THIN] Re: urgent : auto-created printers not appearing

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:06:07 +0000

Afaik, roaming profiles override and overwrite the local profile, if its newer,
otherwise the local profile is used, then written back over the roaming profile
when the user logs out. In NT4, the user got a choice as to which to use when
theres a discrepancy like this, dont know about 2000/3 as I dont have any of
them :( The 2003 machine we have though always seems to just plain work after
some fighting with it, and it seems to have settled with a local profile
somehow. I'd certainly be interested in hearing how the different OS's handle
profiles :)

Auto creation of printers I'm not so sure about, they've always "just worked"
here for me!

Andrew
--o--

This Week's Sponsor - ThinPrint .Print Server Engine
Thinprint can help you save money, protect resources,
simplify administration, save time and increase
flexibility by solving all of your printing needs.
http://www.thinprint.com