[THIN] Re: upgrading print server...

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:32:14 -0500

So this script will install all of these drivers, cool.  If I upgrade the
print server to 2k, then all of the ports should still be available as well
as their associated printers.  Then it would just be a matter of running
this script, and I would be done.

You may or may not know but, do you think I could I use the PrintMig tool on
the Resource kit to copy all of these printer configs over to a test NT 4.0
server, and then upgrade that server to 2k, and test using this script on
that test server, or does the printmig tool actually MOVE the printer
configs rather than COPY them to the destination server, that would suck!?

/jL