[THIN] Re: thin Digest V8 #207

  • From: "Ben Pelzer" <Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 12:23:22 +0200

General rule in this is that:
1) Your TSCALS should be the TSCALS for the OS on your TS servers (e.g.
Windows 2008 TSCALS for Windows 2008), although these are downgradable
with the correct GPO settings (e.g. Windows 2008 TSCALS used for Windows
2003 TS servers)
2) You TS Licensing Server doesn't have to be the same OS as your TS
servers (e.g. Windows 2008 TS Licensing server used for Windows 2003 TS
servers)

It might be easier though to make sure the TS Licensing Server and the
TSCALS are the same OS as the TS servers (no backward compatibility
issues and fiddling with GPO's)
In that case a separate (TS) Licensing server VM like Jim said would be
a nice solution

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms"; <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 20:59:56 -0400
Subject: [THIN] Re: TSCals.

I think you will be all right as long as the terminal services and
citrix licensing server is on a 2003 Server.  This could easily be
accomplished by putting all licensing on a Virtual 2003 Server Machine.
Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig
Twitter: http://twitter.com/InternetPilot

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Jose Luis Delgado
<delgadojl@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi Everyone.
>
> I have a question on terminal server licenses.
>
> We have a citrix farm 4.0, windows server 2003
>
> We are planning on upgrading our current domain controllers from
> windows server 2003 to windows server 2008, Do we need to upgrade our
> 2003 TSCals that are configured for our citrix farm to TSCals for
> 2008.
>
> Any feed back or links on the subject will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> -Jose.

------
Scanned for Malware and Spam by Open Line Smart E-mail Filter

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
Thinlist MOBILE Feed