[THIN] Re: thin Digest V14 #65

  • From: Ben Pelzer <Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 09:31:58 +0000

Hi Janet,

Have you thought of Application Virtualization (App-V)?

Or, if that is not feasible, you could use a server boot script (e.g. In
PowerShell) were you install the app unattended
Boot script could be started using a server GPO

That’s how I always do it (App-V and boot script)

Cheers,
Ben

On 20-07-15 17:52, "thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

------------------------------------
thin DigestMon, 20 Jul 2015Volume: 14 Issue: 065

In This Issue:
#1:From: "Heflin, Janet" <Janet.Heflin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] XenApp6.5 removing server from Provisioning but not f

Msg: #1 in digest
From: "Heflin, Janet" <Janet.Heflin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] XenApp6.5 removing server from Provisioning but not from the fa
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 15:52:13 +0000

Here is my issue.
I created a new server by using the provisioning services.
Now I need to have the server stay apart of the farm but not get a new image
every time it reboots.

I need to add an app on this server that is different from the other servers
and has unique share rights that I do not want to add to the master image.
Plus I have an application administrator that needs to get on this server to
work with this one off app.

How can I do this?

Janet Heflin
System Administrator