[THIN] Re: thin Digest V13 #49

  • From: Ben Pelzer <Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 16:18:50 +0200

Hi James,

I had the same issue

I solved it by redirecting the App-V cache to the D-drive (D:\App-V),
using a server policy and the App-V admx file
After this all the issues were gone

I also use a script that runs at server shutdown (using AppSense EM) to
clean the App-V cache so no old info remains

Cheers,
Ben

On 21-04-2014 20:05, "thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Msg: #1 in digest
>From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [THIN] Re: APPV 5.0 (SCM and Publishing Server), PVS 7 and XA6.5
>Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 04:04:52 +1000
>
>Please anyone if you have advice or suggestions id love to hear them...
>still having quite a few issues this way and it seems most people are
>baking the app-v apps into the image? I simply want PVS image with app-v
>streaming / 'full infrastructure mode'..... :)I saw something about
>moving the package root outside of the image to the pvs static / cache
>disk? is that a good idea?Cheersscanjam

Met vriendelijke groet,

drs. Ben Pelzer
Principal Consultant

E-mail: Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx

Amerikalaan 90 - 6199 AE  Maastricht-Airport
Tel: +31 43 850 7000
Fax: +31 43 352 1718
Internet: www.openline.nl