[THIN] terminal services branch office faxing problem

  • From: Kevin Edwards <cabledguy2006@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:52:23 -0800 (PST)

At a client's branch office they can't fax out of their terminal session to
head office.

You can see the job appear in the fax driver on the server and disappear so its
vanishing onto the network.

So they rdp to head office, run a 3rd party app on that server, try and fax
using the driver installed on the server.

If I rdp to that server on the head office lan I can fax fine.

Server is win2k sp4  Faxing is lanier kit - you install a thing called smartnet
monitor which allows you to make a port on your fax printer driver to the
lanier LD035 copier which is doing the faxing.

Fax driver justshows up as LAN-fax-M3. SmartNetMonitor is 5.6.5.0

They've obviously got some kind of vpn going because I can ping the server with
a local ip address from that pc and they're getting a home drive.

Now I could try running the application client locally on that pc and printing
over the vpn.  But the client's pretty chunky and the link's very sluggish even
on rdp.

Now I seem to remember that terminal services has sysmon printing counters or
is that just on 2003?

Any ideas on where to start narrowing this down?

http://mail.yahoo.com