[THIN] terminal server clients getting auto update message

  • From: "Joanne Determann" <joanne.determann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:39:38 -0400

My boss loaded security patches last night , but didn't reboot, Sunday
is Network Maintenance night. Now the clients are getting  " updating
computer" message.  Of course since those suckers are locked down they
are not able to click on it to get rid of it - but can move it to the
top right corner so that they can still work.  Message window sits on
top of other windows.

Can I do something that will stop this message? Or do we just have to
live with it until reboot Sunday?

Interestingly is not the Terminal Servers w/ Citrix but only the
straight up Windows TS. They both have the same Group Policy both are
2003 Sp1.

Did I miss something glaringly obvious in my TS setup that would have
prevented this? I'm looking now...

Any clue?

Joanne